Your security is our first priority
Protecting your information and banking activity is of utmost importance to MemoryBank.
That’s why we provide a number of services, policies and procedures to help keep you safe.
You bank with multiple devices. Your security should go with you on all your devices.
MemoryBank requires unique, one-time passcodes the first time you access your account from a new mobile device‡ or computer.
Here’s how it works:
- When you open your account, you will be asked to provide two phone numbers and an email address, one of which will be used to deliver your one-time access code by text message‡, automated voice message or email, each time you log in from a new device.
- If you're on a device that's not your own, you will still use a code, which you should choose not to save on the device so that future users are not authenticated, even if they obtain your password.
Sticky notes with passwords? Not so secure.
MemoryBank recommends using advanced biometrics with your smartphone’s fingerprint ID to access MemoryBank’s mobile banking App‡, instead of entering a password each time you log in.
- The biometric uniqueness of every user drastically mitigates the odds of successful mass brute force attacks, cannot be shared, and are more resistant to social engineering attacks. For added security, two-factor authentication is required to set up and use biometric authentication.
We brought in the experts. At no extra cost to you.
MemoryBank has partnered with the security experts at IBM® to offer you an extra layer of security when banking online, and for your other web activity, at no charge to you.
- IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport® is online fraud and identity theft protection assistance software that helps protect your online banking identity, password and other information from fraudsters. It helps prevents some types of phishing attacks and malware on your computer, which are the root cause of most financial fraud.
- And as a bonus, it works with other participating retail websites to improve your overall security.
Use your MemoryBank MasterCard® Debit Card with confidence.
- The microchip embedded in your MemoryBank MasterCard Debit Card provides increased protection against fraud. And with ZERO LIABILITY1, you won't be held responsible for any unauthorized purchases. In the case of identity theft, ID THEFT RESOLUTION1 helps you with credit bureau notification and card replacement.
- In addition, all our clients are automatically enrolled for Fraud Alerts for their MemoryBank MasterCard debit card account. Fraud Alerts include SMS text as well as interactive voice call and email. These alerts, should you receive one, will be identified as coming from Republic Bank rather than our divisional name of MemoryBank. Learn more about MemoryBank Fraud Alerts here.
Shop more securely with your MemoryBank Debit Card and Apple Pay® and Samsung Pay®††.
- When you make a purchase using your MemoryBank MasterCard Debit Card with Apple Pay and Samsung Pay††, the retailer never sees your card number or security code. The retailer receives only a transaction-specific code to process your payment.
The technical—but very, very important—stuff.
- MemoryBank digital banking uses 128-bit encryption for online security, versus 40-bit encryption which is standard with many browsers. (Encryption effectiveness is measured in terms of how long the key is—the longer the key, the more secure.)
- All data exchanged between MemoryBank web banking, both desktop and mobile‡, and mobile banking Apps‡ with MemoryBank servers is protected in transit using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
- In Mobile‡ and Online Web Banking, no customer information is stored or cached in the user’s device or the Web browser cache. Mobile Banking Apps‡ use the device’s secure storage to host sensitive data.
1 Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. See the MasterCard Guide to Benefits accompanying your card for more details and a complete explanation of card benefits provided by MasterCard. Excludes Business and HSA cards.